Spread the love
This is a healthily indulgent treat that is perfect as a bite with a coffee or as a desert with brush berries and cashew cream. Really whatever way you decide to eat it, this chocolate mousse slice is pure pleasure.
Chocolate Mousse slice on a Nutty Base
- large mixing bowl
- Peel the ripe avocado and put in a food processor or good blender with the banana. Blend until very smooth. Add cacao powder, honey, salt and the cinnamon and blend until very well blended and really smooth with a creamy texture.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into a bowl and put in your refrigerator while you prepare the base. The mousse will become very thick as it cools.
- Put the nuts, dates and coconut in a food processor and blend until a ball forms and all the nuts are well chopped into the dates and coconut.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- With a rolling pin or round bottle, roll the nut mix between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to a shape to fit the baking tray, the base should be about 5mm thick. Put in the baking tray, trim and fill any gaps.
- Spoon the avocado mousse mix onto the base and spread evenly. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and put in the fridge or freezer. I prefer the freezer as it goes hard. When it is hard, slice into small squares and return the the freezer or fridge. Enjoy for a desert with fresh berries or for a healthy treat with a tea or coffee.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 13mg | Kilojoules: 657kJ