Fiery Harissa Paste
It is an awesome afternoon for a BBQ and I am in the mood for something a bit spicy. In the meantime I have some capsicum, sweet potato and veggie and meat patties on the grill. This Fiery Harissa Paste is the ultimate spicy sauce or condiment to go with almost anything.
While the BBQ is getting started I grab some great fresh ingredients and the Eclispe Organics Harissa Spice Mix.
I love the freshness and fiery spice of this amazing Fiery Harissa Paste. The Awesome thing is that it was really simple to make and you can keep what you do not use in a container for another day.
This condiment is a new staple of mine. I make a batch and take it to work and the whole Eclipse Crew add it to wraps, onto pasta, mixed with roasted vegetables.
This is one of those truly versatile condiments that makes everything taste better.
- 1 Capsicum, red, raw
- 3 Tbsp Oil, olive
- 1 medium Onion, mature, brown skinned, peeled, raw
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled, raw
- 1 Tomato, common, raw
- 4 tsp Harrisa, Dry Powder (!)
- 1/2 tsp Salt, Fine Pink Himalayan
- 1/4 cup Parsley, continental, raw
- 1/4 cup Coriander, fresh, leaves & stems
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest (!)
- 2 tbsp Juice, lemon
How to prepare
- Add the oil to a heavy pan with the onions and capsicum and fry on medium-high heat for about 5 minutest. Add Harissa Dry Spice, salt, garlic and tomato and continut to cook for a further 5 minutes or until the onion is well browned and caremalised. Remove from heat and allow to cool, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the parsley and coriander to a blender with the harissa mix, the lemon juice and lemon zest. Blend for a few seconds until mostly smooth but with some texture.
- To serve, place the harrisa paste in a serving bowl or spoon it directly onto the food you want to spice up.