Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
This is a light, healthy, CRUNCHY salad with a spicy lime dressing with a hint of Vietname. The entire salad takes less than 10 minutes to throw together plus 15 minutes to toast and grill. This great salad keeps in the fridge for 3 days, but you will need to keep the dressing separate. Perfect for a family of for or Dinner for two and a delicious lunch the next day.
- 3 cups Cabbage, chinese, raw
- 3 cups Cabbage, red, raw
- 2 medium Carrot, mature, peeled, raw
- 3 Shallot, peeled, raw
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed Kernels, raw
- 1/2 cups Seed, sesame, white
- 1 tbsp Oil, macadamia
- 6 Chicken, thigh, lean, raw
- 3 tbsp Oil, macadamia
- 1 tsp Oil, sesame
- 1 1/2 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 tbsp Tamari, light soy (!)
- 2 tbsp Juice, lime
- 1 pinch Chilli Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Peppercorn, Cracked Black
- 1/4 tsp Salt, Fine Pink Himalayan
How to prepare
- Add all the salad vegetable to a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat a frying pan to a medium heat. Add the sunflower and sesame seeds to the pan. Stir every minute for about 4-6 minutes or until fragrant and slightly browned. Remove to a bowl to cool.
- Increase the pan heat to medium-high, add 1 tbsp of Macadamia oil. Add the diced chicken. fry, turning every 2 minutes for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add all the vinaigrette ingredients into a small bowl and mix well.
- Toss the chicken and seeds into the bowl with the salad. Toss together well. Add the vinaigrette and continue to toss until all the ingredients are well coated with the vinaigrette.
- Serve into individual plates.