Tandoori roasted cauliflower has to be one of the greatest Indian inspired side dishes I have ever eaten. I love my Indian food, all those healthy warm spices and textures. The hearty roasted cauliflower recipe is an ideal side dish to serve with a saucy curry.
I take my lunch to work every day and tossing some tandoori roasted cauliflower into by lunch box is a perfect addition but best of all I love just grabbing a spiced bite for a amazingly health snack.
Tandoori Cauliflower for Every Occasion.
Tandoori roasted cauliflower is one of those really easy recipes that can be used in just so many ways;
- Enjoy as a side dish served hot or cold.
- Try talking a bowl of tandoori roasted cauliflower on a family picnic.
- Toss some with salad to make a tandoori roasted cauliflower salad using the sauce as a dressing.
- Add to a simple stir fry.
- Take a container on a road trip as a shaley snack.
- Because this is a plant based recipe it keeps for at least a week in the fridge so cook up a whole head of cauliflower and use as a side throughout the seem.
The Three Steps to Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower
I make tandoori roasted cauliflower in a few simple steps. When I am creating a feast or I am cooking for a family event or party I will do the steps in stages over time.
- Days, weeks or months ahead. You can use a ready made tandoori spice blend from your favourite spice master. If you want to make your own Tandoori spice powder you can make your spice powder weeks or months ahead and store in a well sealed jar and will keep for a year or more.
- Hours or days ahead. Make your Tandoori Paste using the tandoori spice and fresh coconut yoghurt or dairy yoghurt and fresh ginger and garlic. Marinade your cauliflower for up to 24 hours
- Hours or days ahead. Make the tahini Yoghurt and Coriander sauce.
- On the day. Roast your marinated cauliflower until it is deliciously Golden. You can make and serve the Tandoori roasted cauliflower right away or if you are cooking for a picnic or feast this dish at room temperature.
1. Try Making Your Own Hand Ground Tandoori Masala Curry Powder
While you can buy a quality organic spice blend made by spice blenders like Eclipse Organics, it is actually incredibly satisfying to create your own spice blends from scratch. I use blends we create at Eclipse Organics but I also love to bend and grind my own creations right when I am cooking.
Why Should I Use Organic Herbs and Spices?
Making your own spice blend is a inspiring, creative and incredible rewarding. Herbs and spices are known for all their health benefits. I make sure the 20 herb and spice essentials in my kitchen are always organic.
While imported herbs and spices are treated with irradiation, fumigation and other treatments which reduce or remove there health benefits. Organic herbs and spices are treated with respect and only heat treated which does not affect their health benefits or flavours. I have aways found organic herbs and spices worth the little more you might pay for them.
2-3. The Tandoori Paste and Marinade
Prepare all the tandoori paste ingredients and simply mix then together. Coat the chopped cauliflower with the tandoori paste and let this site for half an hour or overnight.
4. Roast the Tandoori Marinated Cauliflower
5. Make The Yoghurt, Tahini and Coriander Sauce
Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
- medium mixing bowl
- Deep Baking Tray
- large mixing bowl
THE TANDOORI PASTE MARINADE
THE CAULIFLOWER AND GARNISH
- 1 large cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/4 cup coriander garnish
THE LEMON TAHINI AND CORANDER SAUCE
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt or regular yoghurt
- 1/4 cup coriander leaf fresh and finly chopped
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- Add all the tandoori paste marinade ingrdients into a medium mixing bowl and whisk together well.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a large mixing bowl and pour the tandoori marinade over the florets. Stir to cover very well. Set the bowl of marinading cauliflower in the fride for 1 to 24 hours.
- Make the sauce while the cauliflower is marinading. Add all the tahini sauce ingredints into a bowl and whisk well. If the dipping sauce is too thisk, whisk in a little water to reach a good dipping consistance. Maybe 1/4 cup water.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the marrinated cauliflower florets onto the baking paper and spoon any remaining marinade over the florets. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, turn the cauliflower florets and bake for another 20 minutes or until gloden brown and well baked.
- Serve the tandoori roasted cauliflower with coriander and lemon slices and the tahini sauce as a side or drizzed over the top.