Tri-colour quinoa makes the the perfect salad. Interesting colour, great aldente texture and a mild delicious taste that carries any flavour you like to give it. The mint, cranberry and pecan gives this dish a distinctive Moroccan or North African feel, making it ideal as a side for spicy Moroccan chicken. It is just as great as a BB or picnic salad.
Tri-Colour Quinoa Salad with Pecan and Mint
- Food Processor
- Sharp knife
- Cook the quinoa. There are 2 simple ways to cook quinoa (just as you would rice). Free boiling method or the absorption method. Free boil method, bring a generous pot of water to the boil. Add the quinoa, cook on a rolling boil for about 20 minutes or until aldente. Absorption method, Place 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa in a pot. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the water is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, roughly chop the mint, saving a few sprigs for garnishing. Dice the capsicum and red onion.
- Place the salad vegetables, cranberries and pecans in a bowl with the cooked and partly cooked the-colour quinoa. Toss together.
- Add the salad dressing and toss well.
- Plate up in a salad bowl and garnish with the remaining mint leaves.
- Serve while still warm or cool.