A paleo self saucing chocolate pudding is just perfect on a cold winters night or a frosty weekend when I feel like some real comfort. My paleo self saucing chocolate pudding ticks all the boxes, indulgence, mind-blowing delicious and health. All the indulgence with none of the chocoholic guilt. What more could a cold tummy want; Chocolate, healthy, Paleo, low-sugar, pudding, delicious.
I do not eat dessert very often and my body and gut health are really important to me. So when I have that moment of need for something a little indulgent this is perfect.
Paleo self saucing chocolate pudding has the most delicious, light and moist texture with incredible nutrition that works for dessert but can also work for a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
Paleo Self Saucing Pudding
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven to 170 degC. Put aside a 20cm Ramekin or round glass baking dish.
- Add all the wet Pudding ingredients, except for the apple cider vinegar into a mixer or processor and mix for 2 minutes. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Allow to rest 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine all the sauce ingredients together and whisk until well mixed.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar to the rested pudding mixture and beat in well.
- Pour the pudding mixture into the ramekin and spread so the top is level. Gently pour the sauce over the pudding mixture, being careful not the disturb the pudding. TIP: Pouring over the back of the desert spoon makes for a gentle pour.
- Place the pudding into your oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer that peirces the centre comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and rest for at least 10 minutest to cool slightly. Serve warm as is or with a dash of cashew cream or your favourite yoghurt. Enjoy!