A moist banana loaf is not only one of my favourite snacks but one of the first loafs I ever made. If it wasn’t the first, it certainly feels like it was. Of all foods, a rich moist banana loaf is one that only gets better with real whole food ingredients instead of the processed ones. High quality vegetable oil in place of butter, less oil and a crazy moist texture by adding Chia seeds, and light unbleached wheat flour. This one bowl, this amazing cake is quick, simple and mouthwateringly moorish.
Moist Banana Loaf
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 2 1/2 medium bananas cavendish, peeled, raw
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 2/3 cup walnut
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil macadamia, sunflower or other
- 1/2 cup rapadura sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy beverage
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- The amazing thing about this cake is that it is all made in one bowl with a fork or whisk. Get these together and get ready to bake.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degC. Grease and line a loaf tin
- Pour the vegetable oil and rapadura sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat or whisk together. Add each egg, one at a time, beating well after each egg an continue until the mixture thickens slightly. Add vanilla and whisk in.
- Mash the bananas and add with the chia seeds and roughly whisk. Rest the mix for 15 minute then stir again as chia seeds thick the mix slightly.
- Sift together the cake flour, salt and the baking powder and baking soda. Now fold half the flour into the egg batter. Add the milk and the rest of the flour. Fold together.
- Break the walnut halves in half again to form large pieces. Fold through the cake batter.
- Pour mixture into the lined cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean after being skewed into the centre of the cake.
- Stand for 10 minutes to cool slightly then turn onto a wire rack to cool until the cake is warm or cool to touch.
- This banana loaf tastes amazing plain or if you like a bit more indulgence, try icing or filling with a lemon cream cheese icing.