Chocolate chip and oat biscuits are that treat that is totally indulgent and loaded with health Wholefoods. I was inspired by regular choc chip biscuits then evolved the ingredients to use the tastier and healthier Wholefood alternatives.
Enjoying health food is so easy. We have been over dosed on simple white sugars and low quality flavours. Think about it for a moment; Wholefoods are more complex with more interesting and real flavours and these make food more interesting. Embrace the deeper and fuller flavours of eating Wholefood snacks and meals.
Chocolate Chip and Oat Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and rapadura until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time then stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Now stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. then mix in the oats, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop heaped spoonfuls on an ungreased baking tray. Flatten to 15mm thick for a thinner biscuit.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool the biscuits on baking tray for 5 minutes then finish cooling on a cake rack to cool completely.